After rumors of an alleged serious condition after an alleged facelift, Luis Miguel reappeared in Las Vegas showing a state of excellent health. “It is unfortunate what has been created by the media to sell magazines and increase the audience” said the Latin star.
“Thanks for coming along to this presentation of my latest album, very nice… and I’m glad, glad to be ‘alive’,” said Luismi with full sarcasm, whose comment was met with laughter and applause.
“I appreciate the love and support I received at this time. It is unfortunate what has been created by the media to sell magazines and increase the audience” and that is why “I want to send a clear message to my fans: you should not believe anything you hear and listen. They create so many things about me that I’m not out and clarify anything. (Answering them) Would be to fall into their game and tomorrow they can invent something else. I have to be smart, “said the singer.
The musician spoke in Las Vegas to present his album, “Luis Miguel”, recorded in the city of Los Angeles that includes the following topics: “Labios de miel”, “Mujer de fuego”, “Tres palabras”, “Ella es así”, “No existen límites”, “Siento”, “Lo que queda de mí”, “Es por ti”, “¿De quién es usted?” y “Tal vez me mientes”.
Good news for Luis Miguel fans: the rumors of his demise are false! “El Sol de Mexico,” as he is nicknamed, gave his first press conference since it was rumored that he suffered from complications while undergoing a plastic surgery procedure earlier this year. The 40-year-old singer looked entirely healthy and appeared to be in good spirits, even joking with reporters about the rumors. “I was on the other side, it’s true,” he said on Monday at the Caesars Palace hotel in Las Vegas, “I was in Bora Bora.” Which is also where the tropical paradise-themed photos for his new, self-titled album, out this week from Warner Music Latina, were taken. The 10-song production, which features the current mid-tempo single “Labios de Miel,” was recorded in Los Angeles and is comprised of mostly ballads. “The truth is that today’s music doesn’t really interest me,” said the consummate crooner. “I don’t like it. I prefer classic-style melodies.”
The Mexican superstar took the time to scold members of the media who disseminate false information about him. When asked how he felt when he heard the rumors, he responded: “It was not pleasant. But it’s part of this business. It’s important to send a clear message to the public not to believe anything they read or hear about me. They create so many things around me as a person, that I’m not here to go after and clear up [every rumor]—I don’t fall into that game…The important thing is that my audience is very intelligent, they’ve been with me for so many years, and they know all too well how things are.”
The singer took the time to thank his mostly female fans for the support they’ve shown him: “From the bottom of my heart, thank you,” he said. “It’s been so important for me to feel the love from all of you.”
Though he was asked about his private life (like whether or not he’s dating Daisy Fuentes), LuisMi refused to get into it. “I’m not going to talk about my private life,” he said firmly. However, he did state that he prefers to live life “intensely, passionately…That way I don’t get bored. If I weren’t a passionate person I wouldn’t be able to sing of love, of romanticism.”
The sun will continue to shine in Las Vegas later this week when LuisMi performs four consecutive concerts at the Caesar’s Palace Colosseum as part of Mexico’s bicentennial celebration. In November, he’ll embark on the South American leg of his world tour, which will run throughout 2011 with stops in Mexico, Spain, among other countries.